Building a new home?
Vantage Homes have put together this essential guide to help you along the way.
Building a new home is an exciting time and you can trust Vantage Homes to help you feel confident in the build process. Over the past 15 years we’ve built an enviable reputation as one of the Sunshine Coast’s leading residential home builders.
Choosing a block of land.
The first step is location, location, location! There are plenty of options for great land along the Sunshine Coast. You can select land from one of the many development sites along the coast or you can have Vantage Homes build on your own block.
You will want to consider a few things when selecting your land, is it located near facilities and resources that will be useful to you, such as shopping centres, schools, and parks.
Ensure you take into account the size of the block, shape and setbacks. This will dictate the size of home you are able to build. Another important thing to note is the aspect of the land. Is it north facing? Are there views?
Selecting a house design.
Having settled on your ideal location and block of land, you have the opportunity to pick your perfect floor plan. Choose from a wide variety of cleverly designed Vantage Homes plans to find the one that meets you or your family’s needs.
Ask yourself the following questions when selecting your house design:
- How well does the house fit on your block of land, will there be room for a garden shed, pool or entertaining area? Take into consideration morning and afternoon sun. You’ll want a nice well-lit home.
- Is this your forever home? Will you need extra rooms as your family grows or if you are downsizing do you need large rooms or multiple living areas?
- What are your essentials? How many bedrooms, bathrooms living areas do you need? Think about liveable space, functionality and flow.
Picking internal and external products and colours.
With floor plan in hand, the fun really begins. This is one of the most exciting and rewarding advantages to building a new home – personalising it to make it your very own.
Here’s a checklist of what you’ll be selecting during your personal colour selection process:
- Cabinetry – your kitchen finishes, cupboards, handles and benchtops.
- Timber, laminate, tile and carpet floorings.
- Robe and linen cupboards doors.
- Internal and external paint colours.
- External garage door, roofing Colorbond colour, fascia and gutters.
- Window frames and facade features.
- Exposed aggregate driveway colour, entry door, letterbox and clothes line.
At Vantage Homes, we like to go above and beyond to help you achieve your perfect home. Therefore, we add a number of standard inclusions which other builders charge as extras – including flooring throughout, ceiling fans, air conditioning, blinds, fencing, landscaping and even your clothesline and letterbox - just to name a few.
All you need to worry about is moving your furniture in.
Choosing your builder
Building your dream home is a big commitment and choosing the right builder is one of the most important decisions you will make.
- Make sure you do your research on your preferred builders, see if they have customer testimonials or references.
- Visit a display home to check out their quality of work and see if the finishes are up to scratch.
- Ask to see their range of standard incisions and compare like for like quotes. Don’t be fooled by display homes with glossy upgrades and luxurious furnishing. Always be realistic with your budget and ensure you ask the builder what is their standard inclusion.
Why choose us?
At Vantage homes our focus is not on selling upgrades or extras, it’s on selling homes. Our display homes showcase the high quality of our workmanship and our standard build - No gimmicks at all, what you see is what you get.
Our design portfolio has grown to include a range of award winning small lot homes, architectural abodes, units and townhouses.
It’s that diversity which sets Vantage Homes apart from the rest.